A rich and hearty Tuscan style ‘stew’ that is very quick to make as you are pan frying the meat as it is already a relatively tender cut of beef. Great for any time of the year, but particularly good for cold weather days.
Serves: 2 X 500ml food pots
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 300g beef stir fry strips (rump or sirloin is best)
- 2 peppers (any colour), thinly sliced
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- Sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Sprig of thyme, leaves removed
- Pitted black olives, handful
- Gently cook the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes until softened and turning slightly golden in colour.
- Making sure you separate them, tip in the beef strips, sliced pepper, tomatoes and herbs. Gently bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the meat is cooked through and tender. If the mix begins to dry out, add some hot water
- Stir through the olives, then ladle the stew into each pot.
Calories 225, Fat 11g, Saturates 3g, Carbohydrates 7g, Sugar 6g, Fibre 2g, Protein 25g, Salt 0.87g