A lovely recipe for vegetarians and vegans for a warming lunch. Whilst a winter dish, it can also be served cold in the summer, so your insulated pots are a fantastic container for this meal whatever the temperature. Experiment with other vegetables and herbs if you want to change the recipe at all.
Serves: 2 x 500ml food pots
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (about half a bulb)
- 2 large courgettes, thickly sliced then halved
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 aubergine, halved and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large rosemary sprig, needles removed and chopped
- A few thyme sprigs, leave removed and chopped
- 200g baby new potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 400g chopped tomatoes with basil (tins available in supermarkets)
- ½ small pack parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and put the oil in a roasting tin
- Pour oil into a roasting tin. Throw all the vegetables, garlic and herbs into the tin, toss around so that they are all covered. Season according to taste.
- Put into the heated oven and roast for 45 mins, turning over frequently to prevent burning
- Meanwhile, take a medium pot or pan and tip in the tinned tomatoes. Adjust seasoning and bring up to the boil, allowing it to then simmer for a couple of minutes. When adjusted to your taste, put the vegetables into the pot, stir through the parsley and serve into your pots.
Calories 474, Fat 20g, saturates 3g, Carbohydrates 52g, Sugar 30g, Fibre 18g, Protein 13g, Salt 0.3g