Nothing better than a fresh fruit salad – and even though it contains sugars, they are natural sugars, which are not so harmful. You can vary the fruits with your favourites – berries are extremely good for you, but be careful if you are a melon fan, as this contains a higher amount of sugar – it is hydrating though!
Serves: 1 X 500ml food pots (this will serve two dessert portions or 2 breakfasts)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A
- 2 apples
- 3 peaches
- 3 plums
- Half a small bunch grapes (about 30 grapes)
- 300ml no added sugar orange or pineapple juice
- ½tsp cinnamon powder or star anise powder
- Chop the apples, peaches and plums into small pieces, making sure you discard the pips, stones or cores of the fruit. Place all the fruit in a bowl.
- Add grapes and pour your chosen juice over everything.
- Mix well and tip into your food pot.
Calories 142, Fat 0.43g, Saturates g, Carbohydrates 34.13g, Sugar 29.74g, Fibre 3.42g, Protein 1.86g, Sodium 0.83g